In today’s church, real love is often absent and offense, bitterness and dishonor run rampant. You’ve probably heard people say things like:
• You’d better walk in love!
• You need to accept me for who I am and where I’m at!
• Don’t judge me!
• Who are you to tell me anyway?!
Members are offended at the pastor, leadership team and other members. Furthermore, the pastor is intimidated by the leadership staff and congregation- reluctant to confront any negative behavior and habits. Is there a solution?
In this message, Honoring Church Leadership, Paztuh Mike Wuebbles tackles some tough questions and issues with scriptural backing and examples from his own life:
• What does it mean to truly walk in love?
• Do you have a right to be offended?
• How is correction relevant for today’s church?
Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense.
Proverbs 19:11 ESV